First Presbyterian Church is a welcoming community of faith where Jesus Christ transforms lives through:
worship, as we praise and glorify God;
mission, as we embody God's love in service to the world;
study, as we listen for God's Word;
giving, as we express gratitude to God;
fellowship, as we love and care for one another.
We believe church should be uplifting and encouraging, without compromising the truth of God's Word, the Bible. Our purpose is to share the good news of Jesus Christ and learn how to live out our faith everyday.
People who attend our church come from all types of different experiences and church backgrounds. Others come with no church or religous background at all. No matter what your background, you are welcome at First Presbyterian Church.
Here you will find a committed people who are reaching out to the community to make this world a better place for others. We support mission projects throughout our town, our country, and our world.
The First Presbyterian Church of Monticello wishes to WELCOME you. We strive to be a Warm, Encouraging, and Loving church dedicated to serving God by serving others. We are committed to Caring for all people, Open in our respect of differences, believing we are all equal under God's eyes. As Disciples of Jesus Christ, we are Mission-focused feeling a strong responsibility to share God's love and grace with others less fortunate. We are much greater than a place of worship; we are providing our members with endless possibilities for an Enriching life.
OBJECTIVES AND GOALS:
- To reach out to new members of the community and church visitors (Warm).
- To invite new members of the community and church visitors to a welcome meeting at the church.
- To convey a warm welcome with a small token such as a Beanie Baby, Equal Exchange tea, and/or basket of cookies.
- To reach out to members of the congregation who are feeling isolated and disconnected due to lifestyle, unforeseen life-changing events or illness (Encouraging).
- To provide social events for singles in the community and congregation.
- To provide a stronger sense of inclusion for those members who can no longer worship with us on Sundays through regular visitations by the pastor and congregational members.
- To approach the people and the tasks of the church with a loving spirit (Loving).
- When called, to serve the church with an attitude of servitude and gladness and treat others as you would like to be treated.
- To foster a sense of caring for those in our congregation, our extended church family including Kairos School, and our community (Caring).
- To provide opportunities for fellowship and communion.
- To facilitate more connections to Kairos School such as Monticello Celebration.
- To participate in community events such as Main Street Market.
- To be open to new members, new ideas, a new pastor and new opportunities for spiritual growth and development (Open).
- To actively recruit new members.
- To welcome a new pastor and embrace new opportunities.
- To be engaged in the world striving for world peace, the betterment of the human condition and the spread of God’s word (Mission-focused).
- To provide opportunities for education, mission and service.
- To provide opportunities for spiritual growth and development (Enriching).
- To provide and excellent worship service.
- To provide meaningful Sunday School for adults and children.
- To provide small group activities such as Bible Studies, Women’s Circles, committees, and social events.
- To facilitate one-on-one opportunities for spiritual growth and development through interpersonal sharing.