The church was reorganized in 1851 and continued to struggle financially but was taking on a new life when the Civil War broke out. From 1869-1870 a frame building was built for worship, which cost approximately $4000 and was located at 447 South Charter, two blocks south of the current church site. In it's tower, was the 1,000 lb bell that is now housed in our current church bell tower. In 1866 the church received members from the dissolved Harmony Presbyterian Church, organized in 1856 in rural Monticello. A "new" church was dedicated in 1907 at the currect site, 214 South Charter Street, downtown Monticello.
Past Dedication Materials:
1959 - Dedication of educational addition and remodeled church - A Venture in Faith
Today the church is located one block off the square and its sanctuary is 100 years old. It is still in active use by devoted, godly individuals.